In order to install Blueshield application, your server must have following requirements.
PHP version 5.6 or newer is recommended.
It should work on 5.3.7 as well, but we strongly advise you NOT to run such old versions of PHP, because of potential security and performance issues, as well as missing features.
For databases, MySQL (5.1+) via the mysql (deprecated), mysqli and pdo drivers.
Follow bellow step by step instructions to install Blueshield on your localhost or remote host.
- Create/locate a new mysql database. e.i. blueshield (The database name could be anything). this can be easily done by PHPMyAdmin software. You don't really have to worry about database collation. simply leave it alone. The collation of Blueshield database tables is set to utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci. It's will gives much better unicode and multilingual support for Blueshield.
- Select created database, e.i. blueshield.
- Select and import blueshield.sql file. If you want to play with some dummy data to test the blueshield app, then import blueshield_dummy_data.sql file.
- Unzip and upload blueshield app files to web server. To upload Blueshield app files into your remote server, you can use FTP Client software like Filezilla (Free software) or you can use built-in file uploader in your web hosting control panel. If you are gonna install Blueshield app on localhost, then simply copy and paste Blueshield app directory into appropriate web server directory. most of the time it would be www or htdocs.
- Open and set base URL in config.php file under
application/configdirectory. the config.php file has all the infomation how you should set your base URL. so please read those comments in that file. Get detailed and more info about how to configure base URL in config.php from here.
- Open and set necessary database configurations in database.php file under
application/configdirectory. Get detailed and more info about database configurations in database.php from here.
- Now locate
http://[root]/user/signin/URL in your web browser address bar and hit Enter button.
localhost, 127.0.0.1, www.example.com, example.com, system.example.com, www.example.com/system, example.com/system, example.com/script/blueshield etc.If you followed all the installation and configuration steps correctly, then blueshield must show blueshield signin/login form like bellow image. Now type
firstname.lastname@example.org the Email or username field and
Admin@123(Passwords are case sensitive in Blueshield so letter case does matter) in the password field. then hit the signin button. And then you will be able to signedin/loggedin to the Blueshield as a Administrator. now you can change account email, password, gravatar (Profile picture) or add more administrators, users, edit users, delete users and do pretty much anything.
Congratulations! you are now successfully installed Blueshield.